Saturday, October 6, 2012

And another one's gone, another one's gone...

Yep, Another one bites the dust! Puzzle piece, that is.

My parents called me the other day to let me know that my dad got his Western blot results back from IgeneX. They faxed them over to me and I interpreted them.

Yes, Virginia, there is a puzzle piece! He is positive for Lyme. And while that is such sad news for me, it is also another clue to my health mystery-history. It looks like I was most likely born with this, just like my kids were.

You see, Lyme disease is sexually transmissible. While there has been a lot of debate over this aspect in the past, more and more studies have shown that yes, it can be transmitted through intercourse. And yes, my mom will still be tested, but we know that after nearly 40 years of marriage to my dad, either she gave it to him or he gave it to her; more than 36 years ago. My guess is that she gave it to him, as he seemed to be in better health then her in my early years... but we Lymies know that it can lay dormant for years without indication, so we will never really know this for sure. It's the whole chicken versus egg debacle all over again! ;)

If you haven't yet seen it, please check out my new pages within the blog. I have added tabs at the top. Please share this blog with everyone you know. Times have gotten very tough, financially speaking. We thank you for your time, friendship, prayers, and support.

Also take a look at our new video on YouTube!


I will be continuing my summer update soon. Just wanted to get this piece of news out to you tonight. And if you pray, please pray for my parents. After years of strange and rare illnesses, they finally have an answer to a huge question that has been looming ever since I found out my life was plagued with Lyme.
The question of Lyme is no longer without answer for them. And it's going to be a long road.

Lots of love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment